Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Skinny Jeans

So I have always been against the "skinny jean", thinking that only really skinny people could benefit from them. Being a woman with a bit more meat on her legs and behind, I felt like I'd look a mess with them on. I stand corrected. In the first week of my being in D.C. I went to Georgetown to do some shopping. I came across a pair of these infamous "skinny jeans", looked at the tag and low and behold...It was my size. I thought this to be a joke at first because no way could my frame fit in these jeans. In the spirit of trying new things and being in a different city, I took the jeans into the dressing room and tried them on. It was a bit of a struggle, but supposedly they are hard to put on no matter what size you are. I walked out of the dressing room and looked in the full-length mirror. I LIKED THEM! They looked tight and restricting, but felt oddly comfortable. I walked around the store a bit and decided on doing the very thing that just a week ago, I would never have done...I bought a pair of skinny jeans. After having worn them now a few times, I realize that they have become one of my favorite pairs of jeans. The more I squeeze into them, the more comfortable they feel to me. I have converted and now am a part of the "skinny jean" club. All those who object as I once did, please just try one on...It'll change your life!

1 comment:

gretchen simm said...

You go girl! You know I am your partner in the dam jeans fight and I felt the same way about skinny jeans till I got some. Rock those bitches with knee high boots and you will conquer DC! :)